About the Athletic Club
Athletic Club Meeting Information:
The organization shall hold eleven (11) meetings a year. One each month, except July, on the first Wednesday of the month at 8:00 p.m. In an emergency situation, the President shall have the authority to change the meeting date, or time or call a special meeting.
The Mission Statement:
The mission of this organization shall be an association of persons interested in the youth athletic and academic programs of St. Therese School and Parish; to support and cooperate in a Christian-like manner while maintaining all youth, athletic and academic functions of said school and parish.
2016-17 Athletic Board Members:
Boys Basketball Coordinator: open role
Girl Basketball Coordinator: open role
Spirit Squad/ Cheerleading Coordinator: open role
Website and SI Play Administrator: Jason Martin - email@example.com 859-409-9570
Adopted May 7, 2014
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MUSTANG STIPENDS:
- Each member of the eighth grade must have been a member in “good standing”the last three years. Refer to Article III, Membership, for detailed definition of “member” and “good standing”.
- Each player must have maintained a “C” average for the eighth grade.
- Only one stipend per student-athlete may be awarded from the St. Therese Athletic Club. Being awarded a stipend from the St. Therese Athletic Club does not preclude a student-athlete from receiving a stipend from another funding group.
- The player awarded must attend a Catholic High School.
- All Club obligations must be paid prior to graduation.
- The award’s chairman shall head the committee to make the appropriate recommendations to the Principal.
- The St. Therese Athletic Club will award four $250.00 scholarships. Should there not be enough qualified candidates the Club will have the option to issue to a High School in their name.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ST. THERESE ATHLETIC CLUB AWARD:
- Three (3) years Full members in “Good Standing” – (Work three functions per year and attend three meetings per year). Membership MUST be paid by October 31st of each year.
- Cannot play against St. Therese teams, beginning the start of your 6th, 7th and 8th grade years – (look at individual cases).
- A student of St. Therese for the entire 6th, 7th and 8th grade years can only receive one (1) award from St. Therese.
- All St. Therese obligations and fees must be paid before graduation.
Students must meet all requirements as above. There shall be no 8th grade parent(s) on the Awards Committee. The Committee will turn the names over to the principal by May 1st. The principal needs to go over the list for “C” average. If students have been in the school for three (3) years, are attending a Catholic High School, and all obligations and fees are paid, then the principal will pick a name out of a hat from the remaining names for the awards.
The principal needs to keep the names of the winners out of all the remaining scholarship drawings.
The current records of the Vice-President will be the records that are used to verify the eligibility of the awards.
The Saint Therese Athletic Club will award four (4) scholarships in the amount of $250.00 each.